For your home
You can protect your family and property with professionally installed window security film. Whether your concerns are protection from intruders, vandalism or violent weather, adding this protective barrier will let you and your family rest easy. Available in clear, safety-only versions, or as a combination film with sun and heat control features, this thin, clear, virtually invisible layer of protection applied to your glass or windows can prevent:
- Smash and grab intruders – The FBI’s Unified Crime Report states that almost 70 percent of all burglaries involve forced entry through a window or door. Security film acts as an invisible shield protecting your home or business against theft, vandalism or looting. This virtually impenetrable barrier makes windows and glass impact resistant even by a baseball bat wielding intruder. By holding the glass firmly together, it eliminates two of the most important aspects to a thief…speed and ease of entry.
- Violent weather –Windows are your home’s most vulnerable area. Once broken during severe weather or high winds you can experience severe property damage as well as personal injury to you and your family. Security film protects people and furnishings 24/7 from the dangerous airborne shards that cause a majority of injury and damage during and after the storm by holding the glass fragments together.* Security film is available in both clear and tinted but both offer a clear, unobstructed view.
Protecting valuable computer equipment, electronics and merchandise can be achieved by installing security film at your business. In addition to loss prevention, the product’s glass retention performance and its ability to reduce HVAC load can impact your company’s bottom line.
- Theft – Security film acts as an invisible shield protecting your home or business against theft, vandalism or looting. This virtually impenetrable barrier makes windows and glass impact resistant.
- Violent weather – Once broken during severe weather or high winds you can experience severe property damage as well as personal injury. By holding the glass fragments together, security film protects your valuable assets from damage .* Security film is available in both clear and tinted but both offer a clear, unobstructed view.
- Terrorism – With the ever-present threat of terrorism, commercial and government building safety has never been a higher priority. High-risk areas now include just about every major city of the world. Even buildings in outlying areas are susceptible to major damage if an explosion should occur. The shock wave exerts enormous amounts of pressure, breaking unprotected glass and sending harmful shards into your environment at high velocities. Security film is able to withstand severe levels of positive and negative pressure – allowing the film to move with the window should a blast occur, retaining dangerous fragments…acting as a protective barrier between you and disaster*. Some of the most safety-intensive buildings in the world, from the Pentagon and FBI offices to many U.S. and foreign embassies have security film installed.
*For optimum shattered glass retention ask you dealer about frame anchoring options. In addition, allow yourself time for installation and complete product curing (which can take 30-90 days).